Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

lichentropy.

...the collection grows.

today is my last day on the island. i am both very happy to be moving on (given the central purpose of my visit) and sad to leave. i managed to steal a few moments between loading things into the truck to take more pictures of the amazing lichen here. it has been something soothing to focus on with all the life crap to deal with. little fungus/algae collaborations are both simple and complex at the same time - and certainly beautiful. all the pictures below are from one tree. the collection above was collected from branches found on the ground. i am excited to move these little collections (and the other detritus i am bringing home with me) into my life in torotno.











with all this stuff coming back into my toronto life with me, it's probably getting to be high time for a rummage sale.

6 comments:

Rosemoo said...

Love the play on words. And all the little details. I'm obsessed with small things and rust, rot, etc, so I understand the pull.

Here's some good energy for the hard work you're doing up there.

-Rose

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move!
Those pictures are divine.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I really admire your ability to find moments of calm and scenes/items of beauty during what I can only imagine is a very difficult task/time. Thanks for sharing them with us.

pomly said...

Lichen is so beautiful. I always stare at it a lot every time we go to Cape Cod. (usually 2x per year) Thank goodness for times when you have nothing better to do than stare at lichen.

toronto craft alert said...

my dear becky
just read through your posts since taking my internet vacation.
sending you the best vibes & much friend love - we'll speak soon xoxj.

sweetie pie press said...

too late, jen.

i am already home again and totally recovered. see you tonight!