Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy birthday.

well, my initiation into blog culture has been swift.

after just a few days, my friend claire over at needle book tagged me in some sort of bloggy tag game. my first reaction was the way i felt about chain letters/emails. after i got over actually believing in curses, i would always just throw the things out (having made one exception a few years ago for a chain letter that involved sending strangers new panties). but then i read claire's entry after having been tagged herself and thought i should stop being such a crank and do this thing.


seven things about me:

1. at 9:50pm pacific time tonight i will have been on this planet for exactly thirty years. at that time, on this date in 1978, my mother was having a ceasarian section and, being in vancouver, i imagine it was raining.

2. i have two parents, one parental-type and a brother.

3. the only formal post-secondary education i have is a diploma in physical theatre from a school housed in a converted odd fellows hall in california.

4. i have a problem differentiating the words otter, oyster and olive when speaking. i wrote my only ever stand-up bit about that. this lead me to put down my pen and never try to write stand-up again.

5. fake teeth.



i'm sure there are seven things about me, but somehow i stalled at five. i guess the last two are mystery items. i am also going to have to tag every blogger i know. except for carl wilson. i think i fear judgement from him. oh, and no tag-backs. this is a one-time deal.

1. smogdammit!
2. torontunian
3. little dog monday
4. tara bursey
5. girl number twenty
6. creampuff revolution
7. rhya

1. link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Marnie said...

dude, fake teeth - cool and somewhat intriguing? and does that mean we can make up things for the last two? thanks for the tag....
and Happy Birthday, of course!

roro said...

Happy birthday!! I can't believe 2 out of your 7 things are "mystery items". Honestly! Alright, my guesses are that 6. you dream about living underwater a lot and 7. that you have freakishly strong toes.

toronto craft alert said...

the fact that you responded to your tag so promptly means you are a better human being than i am. which also means that this day, your birthday is an auspicious one. happy birthday beckster blogstar!!! see yous later.

Claire Louise Milne said...

I had the same chain mail reaction myself. I've ignored a few tags but then again some people seem to like it so I was fighting spoil-sporty feelings myself...

6. you have a secret closet crammed full of head-kerchiefs

7. your earliest aspiration was to be a synchronized swimmer.

sweetie pie press said...

i like this guessing game.

i also like to believe that in some other quantum reality, all your guesses become true. but that's only because i know nothing about physics (except, presumably, for what i experience) and approach it as i would fantasy.

rhya said...

you tagged me.
i love that you are blogging. i am actually reentering the world myself after what seems like a long hiatus.
but it feels fun again so three cheers for fun again!

sweetie pie press said...

results of this experiment in saying yes: i still feel a little chain-lettered and embarrassed but would never have been mad at anyone for sending me this thing.

i think i will stay away from such activities in future, but thank claire for her grace in demonstrating how to engage in these things properly vai her blog. she's a pro, and possibly a genuinely positive person. i buy it, anyway.